Sunday, March 23

My very own OohLaLa!

I have dreamed of having my own OohLaLa room forever. It's one of the reason I started this blog: to be able to create a journal of inspiration. Finally this dream has come true eventhough I had a very limited budget. Thanks to the help of my fabulously talented neighbor, who I couldn't have done this without, I have finally finished my bedroom makeover (pictured above). I'm so excited to share it with you. I was inspired by this image that he found from Domino:
This was my room before:
This is my room now:

The scarf over the door is by James Anthony
I moved my 4 feet x 6 feet canvas photograph called THE KEY that I took in NY and made it my backboard:

I also added this fabulous modern book tower from West Elm:
the camera pillow is from Make Something New:
I love my new lamp from the wonderfully talented Donna Jo Brady of Re-Surface. It is the perfect touch for my repainted dresser:
I also added some butterfly drawer pulls from Anthropologie to my newly painted dresser:I also added this over sized blue lamp from West Elm
The paint is the exact same as from the photo as stated in Domino: Benjamin Moore Pebble Beach (which looks really different if you click this link, it has much more blue in it) with a semi-glossy white trim:

How great are these Ikea curtains!!
What do you think? Is it OohLaLa?

Next is the living room.....to be cont'd.

16 comments:

easyV said...

It's beyond Oh lala. If it was possible, I would sneak into your house at night and steal your entire room.

Barbara said...

I think it looks great! Very serene. I love the camera pillow and the photograph head board, really suits you. Well, what I've seen of you in your blog. :)

sarah b. said...

Oh! Fantastic change! It looks really lovely. :)

john cotter said...

Looks very striking indeed. The photo really works well there.

Di Overton said...

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

Michelle said...

Congratulations !!! What a lovely room !!! I am in love with your mirror !!! Well done !!!

Anonymous said...

OH what difference ! It looks lovely, i love how bright it is now ! Yay now i want to paint evrything white ! Congrats on the new bedroom !

Anonymous said...

truly inspiring! good job!

acaligurl said...

its all oohLaLa! everything!! i love the book tower. very cool scarf. benjamin moore pebble beach?
i grew up in pebble beach! ;)

acaligurl said...

i clicked on west elm for the book tower, but it went to etsy. am i missing something?
acali

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone! I am so excited to hear all your wonderful comments and so is my friend who helped me.

acaligurl - try the link again. I had the wrong one.

Debbie Young said...

OMG I love your room, I want that and that and that book tower rocks my world.. that is how many books I have by my bed at all times.. I need them in a tower, now!
I need to go lie down, cute fab overload darling!
deb xoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Very beatiful and has lots of changes compare with older one...
wish you best, and same room for me :))

Anonymous said...

gorgeous. I hope you are really enjoying it. I love the pale blue walls with the rich colored floors.

Jamie said...

It is very ooh la la, I am impressed! Love to see someone be bold, daring and so creative.

kate said...

oh this is awesome! i want this room! what a difference...