Friday, December 28

Unsuitable for Ladies!

Are you an adventure diva? Sometimes we have to remember to kick up our heels, break the rules and have a little fun. I always loved a Susan B. Anthony quote that my dad sent me, "Well behaved women never make history". Keep it in mind.
Check out this book for some modern day adventure divas!
Adventure Divas by Holly Morris:
I know there are many fans of Osa Johnson and her book I MARRIED ADVENTURE that I blogged about awhile back. Here are some more to get your adventure juices flowing. I saw this one in Elle and I just loved it. The paperback title UNSUITABLE FOR LADIES is great:
They Went Whistling by Barbara Holland: for some adventuresome gals who weren't afraid to break the rules
Dolce Italia by Giovanna Bertelli: Italy in the 40's and 50's was surely an adventure.
Women of Discovery by Milbry Polk and Mary Tiegreen: the cover reminds me of the scene of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE when Kiera Kightly is standing on the bluff.

No comments: