Thursday, September 20

Hang it up!

My mom, an incredibly talented artist, not only hangs her paintings in featured spots around the house but also in the garage, laundry room, pantry, etc. Why you might ask? Her philosophy is, "You should always have something beautiful to look, at no matter where you are, or what you're doing". I love and live by this philosophy. Why shouldn't you feel uplifted and inspired when getting dressed, or driving into the garage, or washing clothes? That is as good a time as any. As my friend Mark always says, "The time is always now!".

I love this idea from Domino Magazine of using bright wallpaper on the inside of the closet. Doesn't this look fresh and cheerful! (see their website for details on where to buy)


Check out this rustic fun laundry room from Cottage Living:
Here is my closet that I call The Audrey Closet. Every time I walk in it I see this magnificent woman and I stand up a bit straighter and smile:


If anyone knows of any other photos of Art or Design ides for spaces like these please let me know. It was very hard to find some.

1 comment:

Annica Lindeberg said...

Your mom sounds like a wise person - it is great to always have something nice to look at. Please pay me a visit and read about the extraordinary designer exhibition Casa Cor that is taking place in Stockholm right now. Please also spread the word about it - I need all the marketing help I can get :-)!
Take care, Annica