Saturday, August 18

NEW PHOTO TILES!








These are my new photo-tiles. I make each coaster by hand by transferring my photographs onto tumbled marble tile.

The top one is a photograph of the work of street artist Swoon. She is incredible. I took this on the lower east side. The others are my various still-lifes.

Because each one is hand made there may be some imperfections which is part of the process. They have a shabby chic look. They can be hung on the wall with small picture hooks or they can be used as coasters. They are waterproof and can be put in the dishwasher. They are backed with small rubber feet to protect your furniture or wall.

I'm doing them all in limited edition sets with only 10 made of each, all available in my shop.

What do you think?

7 comments:

john cotter said...

These are really beautiful. You sure are talented!

Toni said...

Ditto to what John said. They are nice. The art photographs look like miniature gallery pieces!

Ruth said...

They are fantastic. I would love to have something like this.

Just so you know it's me:
http://flying.my-expressions.com

Di Overton said...

You just get better. I LOVE this idea.

Anonymous said...

These are fantastic. How do you transfer the photo onto the tiles?

Jodie Hurt said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone so much. I appreciate the feedback. Keeps me going!

Lorraine:
They are hand pressed with a heat press. The ink is heated up and then vaporizes and actually becomes part of the tile. That is what makes them so great. As opposed to the original ones I did which were all hand photo transfers.